A Brief History
Christ Church was built in 1877 and the first service was conducted by Bishop Cowie on the 18th March 1877.
The land for the church and cemetery was donated by Richard Middleton and the church was built for a cost of 146 ($292). In 1995 the church room, the fences and the lichgate were completed.
The church is registered with the New Zealand Historic Places Trust and is enhanced by several stained glass windows that have been contributed over the years. Originally the church was serviced by the vicar from Howick but it is now part of the Clevedon Parish.
Address: 1444 Alfriston Road, Alfriston click here for map